How To Recycle At School
All schools applying for a new or sustaining “Conserve: Recycling” Green Step are encouraged to host an “ACTION FOR A CLEANER TOMORROW” Faculty workshop (unless they have hosted one in the past two years). To register contact MARY MARGARET MENDENHALL.
- Research your recycling options
- Develop the partnerships needed to recycle as many commodities as you can.
- If possible, document recycling volume and the money your school saves through recycling.
- Train your recycling team annually.
- Plan special recycling education program(s) for the entire school each fall.
- America Recycles Day is November 15.
- Show appreciation for your dedicated recycling team each spring.
Conserve: Recycling – Useful Websites
- Starting a School Recycling Program, a step-by-step guide from the SC DHEC Office of Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling.
- Teacher Resources, Office of Solid Waste Reduction and Recycling, SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) — information about recycling education programs and grants offered by the Office, guides to starting a school recycling program, and resources including the Office’s recycling posters, which are great for classroom use.
- Just For Kids – Posters; Activities and Coloring Books; Puzzles, Coloring Pages and Fact Sheets; Trading Cards and more from SC Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).
- Elmer’s Glue Crew Recycling Program
- Office Depot Recycling Program
- Marker Recycling
- Eyeglass Recycling
Use and Share State Recycling Website