Ask your mentor to do a presentation, then click on these links to learn more about reusing at schools.
- Action in the Classroom
- Craft Ideas
- Ideas for Reusing Pringles Cans
- Locker Leftovers
- Operation Bedroll SC
- Pack a Waste-Free Lunch
- What is Upcycling
- National Cardboard Challenge
- Reuse Crayons
- Upcycle steel kitchen cans
- Use plastic bottle caps to create artwork
Ideas for sharing student reuse knowledge
- Have students brainstorm their own upcycling projects
- Post pictures with captions on your Green Steps school site
- Submit pictures with captions to the Green Steps Blog and Facebook page
Make and Use a Citrus Classroom Cleaner
1. Tear the peel from one orange and put it into any jar (like a clean peanut butter jar).
2. Fill the jar with white vinegar and screw on the lid. Let the contents “brew” for a couple of weeks until the vinegar turns pale orange in color.
3. Pour a few ounces of this concentrated cleaner into a small pail or a spray bottle filled with water (this cleaner will kill germs but is non-toxic for our air and water).
4. Use it to clean any hard surface at home or at school: desks, sinks, counters etc.