Ask your mentor to do a presentation, then click on these links to learn more about litter-prevention at schools.
- Palmetto Pride: Adopt-A-Highway
- Palmetto Pride Litter Lessons
- Palmetto Pride: Resources
- Palmetto Pride: School Programs
- Be sure there are enough recycling and trash containers around your school
- Organize schoolyard litter pick-ups (one per year for each grade level at your school) or plan community litter pick-ups
- Then report litter pick-up data to the appropriate person in your county.
Ideas for sharing student litter-prevention knowledge
- Make littler-prevention posters for your school
- Post pictures with captions on your Green Steps school site
- Submit pictures with captions to the Green Steps blog and Facebook page
Organize a litter pick up on your school grounds or in your community.