Ask your mentor to do a presentation, then click on these links to learn more about conserving energy at schools.
- Arbor Day Foundation
- Forestry Teachers Tour Workshop
- Home and Garden Information Center
- How to Take a Soil Sample
- Project Learning Tree
- Project Pant It
- Tree Identification for S.C.
- S.C. Department of Agriculture
- S.C. Forestry Commission
- S.C. Urban Tree Care Guide
- S.C. Urban Tree Species Guide
- What Tree Is That?
- Learn what types of trees can be planted in specifics locations
- Plant a tree on school property
Ideas for sharing student habitat knowledge
- Have students create recycled-content markers or signs to identify trees on school property
- Post pictures with captions on your Green Steps school site
- Submit pictures with captions to the Green Steps blog and Facebook page
Plant a Tree
Planting trees each year on your school grounds can serve many purposes:
- improve air quality
- provide shade and wildlife habitats
- absorb rainwater where it accumulates on school grounds
Trees can be planted to celebrate Arbor Day or to honor someone special to your school family. Every school needs more trees!